How is oil and gas formed?
- Both Gas as well as crude oil is found underground.
- If you study well, most of the world is covered by sea. The sea further contains tiny animals and plants. These tiny animals and plants are referred to as planktons. They get their energy to live and multiply it from sunlight. When they die they go under the surface of the bottom of the sea
- The planktons which die millions of years ago are the source for today's oil and gas
- The Dead Sea creatures get
buried by sand and mud at the bottom of the sea. It is said that
the sun's energy gets stored in the bodies of the dead creatures as well plants. The dead bodies later start decaying.
- From over a million of years the dead animals and plants have been buried deeper and deeper. The squashed and solid creatures turn into oil and gas.
- The force and temperature of deep, underground turns the chemicals of decaying animals and plants into crude oil and gas.